Members can use activity streams to follow activity site wide, just for their Connections, or just for their groups, and to track @username mentions of their username.
Members can also grab the RSS feed from the activity streams to use in Feed Readers and RSS Widgets to obtain a network wide activity feed.
Subscribing to Activity
Navigating the Activity Pages
There are five different Activity pages:
1. Personal – your most recent activities
2. Connections – most recent activities of your connections
3. Streams – most recent activities in Streams you belong to
4. Favorites – most recent activities that you have marked as favorite
5. @username Mentions – most recent activities that include the use of an @ followed by the person’s username
Writing Status Updates using your Personal Activity page
Above the Activity listings on your Personal page is a text box where you can provide a quick status update directly onto your activity stream — works similar to posting an update in Facebook or Twitter.
You can use it to tell others what you are currently doing, ask a question that other community members will see or share helpful tips.
About the Favorites Activity page
When you stumble upon a gem in an activity stream the idea is you mark it as a Favorite — so you can easily refer to back to it later.
How @username Mentions Activity page works
@ in front of a member’s username is a unique identifier for that person that you can type into any message on Marbnet. That user will be sent a notification and a link to to where it was used.
Works on a similar principles to @replies in Twitter except detects it’s use anywhere across the entire site such as comments on posts, forum posts, replies in activity streams, status updates.
Sorting and filtering listings on the Activity pages
Each Activity page lists the 25 most recent updates per page. On the right hand side of each activity page you can sort and filter the Activities listings on that page.
Filter options are:
- No filter – this is the default option and shows all posssible activities
- Updates – displays just members updates
- Comments – displays recent blog comments
- Connections – displays newly created by yours connections between
- Streams Memberships – displays new members to Streams
Each member has their own individual Inbox, Sent, and Compose page.
They are notified of new messages by the Notifications tab in their admin bar as well as by email notification (if enabled).